When moving to a new home, an important step is to provide your new address to everyone who needs it. However, remembering every person, company and institution that needs to know your address can be a challenge – especially when you’re in the middle of a move. While your exact list of necessary contacts may differ, here are the typical groups that will want or need your updated address.
- Friends, family and employers
- Post Office
- Medical providers and prescriptions
- Cell phone emergency call address
- Banking, credit/loan, investment and insurance accounts
- Government agencies (e.g. tax agencies, Social Security Administration)
- Utilities (e.g. electric, TV/Internet, phone, gas, water, trash, sewer)
- Services and subscriptions
- Online shopping addresses
- Driver’s licenses
- Car registration
- School registration
- Voter registration
To avoid unnecessary complications, start making or scheduling these address changes early on so you can focus on your move and start enjoying your new home sooner.