The new trend right now in home decorating is chalkboard paint. You can use this paint in a large variety of ways. Paint the whole wall or paint your old fridge, there are endless ways to be creative with this fun painting technique.
Try some of these fun ideas:
- Frame a piece of wood that has been painted with chalkboard paint and write your favorite quote for a custom art piece.
- Create art with something that is repurposed like an old door. When covered in chalkboard paint the door can transform into something more.
- Paint an old fridge so your kids can display their artwork and you can write down the grocery list.
- Another option for the fridge is a removable chalkboard decal, all the fun without the commitment.
- More ideas for the kitchen are to paint your bottom row of cabinets. It is the perfect height for the little ones to stay occupied while you’re working in the kitchen. It is also a great organizational tool so you can label the drawers.
- The kids are sure to behave at the dinner table when they are busy creating chalk art.
- Chalkboard backsplash in between and above the cabinets creates a bold look. This is a great place to write notes and even write your monthly calendar.
- Chalkboard paint decals can be used in a variety of ways such as labeling all kinds of canisters, tins, buckets, etc.
- Replace the whiteboard and bring back the chalkboard on your family message center.
- Paint the base of your wineglasses with chalkboard paint so you will never get your glass mixed up again.
- Wake up on the bright side with encouraging messages written on your chalkboard painted headboard.
- Chalkboard painted terra-cotta pots will help you organize your plants.
- Organize your dresser drawers by labeling them with chalkboard paint. Remember that chalkboard paint can be in any color, not just black.
- Closet doors are perfect to paint with chalkboard paint, especially for children’s rooms. The otherwise plain doors become an art piece.