- Now is a good time to paint interior rooms while it is still warm enough to have the windows open for ventilation.
- Test your heating system before you need it to make sure everything is working properly.
Clean and vacuum dust from vents, baseboard heaters and cold-air returns.
- Check out year-end close-out sales on lawn and garden equipment that you may need for next year.
- Inspect weather-stripping around doors and windows and repair or replace if necessary. Also caulk exterior joints around windows and doors to help lower heating and cooling bills.
- Inspect and clean your storm windows and doors and get them ready for installation. Storm windows/doors can help you save energy during the cold winter months.
- Now would be a good time to check the condition of your roof to prevent emergency repairs.