- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Step 1: Combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Put the mixture into a large Ziploc bag and place the chicken inside. Let the chicken marinade for 1-4 hours.
Step 2: Sauté the peppers and onions in oil until they become tender. Remove them from the pan and keep warm.
Step 3: Cook the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Return the pepper and onion mixture to the pan.
Step 4: Dig in. Fill up your tortillas and fold in half.
This dish is best served with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. We hope you enjoy this recipe and feel free to let us know what else you would like to try.