- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with shortening.
Step 2: Spread sliced apples into your greased pan. In medium bowl, stir the remaining ingredients together until well mixed. Then, sprinkle over the sliced apples.
Step 3: Bake for about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.
This recipe is best enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Use the hashtag #1AMcooks to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you would like to try.