- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground toasted cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground grains of paradise
Step 1: Heat olive oil in a large pot.
Step 2: Add onion, carrot, celery and salt to your pan. Cook 6-7 minutes.
Step 3: Add in lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin and grains of paradise. Stir everything together.
Step 4: Set your heat to high and bring to a boil. Then reduce to low heat and simmer until the lentils are tender.
Step 5: Blend until the soup is your desired consistency.
This recipe is best enjoyed with a slice of warm French bread. Use the hashtag #1AMcooks to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you’d like to try.