Smoothies are all the rage and this berry-packed smoothie provides the perfect flavor combination of sweet and tart. Berries boast powerful nutrients and support liver health as they contain organic acids that are believed to help lower blood sugar levels, burn fat and cleanse the liver. The fresh ginger adds a unique flavor and is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that benefit both your body and brain. Next time you are craving a breakfast smoothie that packs a punch, try this scrumptious recipe!
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- ¾ cup chilled unsweetened almond or rice milk
- ¼ cup frozen pitted unsweetened cherries, strawberries or blueberries
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Step 1: Combine all ingredients well in blender. Add lemon juice to taste.
Step 2: Puree until smooth.
Step 3: Pour into two chilled glasses..
This recipe is best consumed as breakfast, but can also be a satisfying afternoon pick me up! Use the hashtag #1AMcooks to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you would like to try.