Summer is finally here (hooray) and the days are getting warmer. That means it’s time to spend more time outdoors and less time heating up your kitchen. So, hang up your oven mitts and try this refreshing southwest salad with cilantro lime dressing for a quick, veggie-packed dinner tonight.
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup tortilla strips
For the dressing:
- 1 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Step 1: To make the dressing, combine cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice and salt into a food processor. With the motor running, add olive oil and vinegar in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
Step 2: To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with tomatoes, corn, black beans, shredded cheese and cilantro. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine. Stir in diced avocado.
Step 3: Serve immediately, garnished with tortillas trips, if desired.
This recipe is best served for lunch or dinner. Use the hashtag #1AMcooks to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you would like to try.