Looking for a fresh dinner idea to brighten your week? You’re going to love our avocado pasta! Featuring creamy, homemade avocado sauce topped with juicy cherry tomatoes, this recipe is sure to be a new family favorite.
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
Step 1: In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Step 2: To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the food processor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
Step 3: In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and corn.
Step 4: Serve immediately.
This recipe is best served with a side of toasted garlic bread. Use the hashtag #DKMCrecipes to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you would like to try.