Believe it or not, this salad may very well have you looking forward to eating your vegetables. Bursting with bold flavors and textures, this is the perfect dish to help incorporate healthy, leafy green kale into your diet.
- 4 cups chopped curly kale, thick stems removed (be sure it’s dry)
- 3 cups prepared shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups prepared shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from one lime
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Step 2: Bake the almonds until lightly golden and fragrant, 5-10 minutes (nuts burn quickly, so monitor closely). Allow to cool.
Step 3: Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a large mixing bowl.
Step 4: Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor or blender; process until smooth and creamy.
Step 5: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately.
This dish is best served as a side to either grilled salmon or chicken, but it can also be enjoyed as a meal in itself. Use the hashtag #DKMCrecipes to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you would like to try.