Rethink strawberries this summer with this flavor-packed salad. Fresh berries and baby spinach pair well with goat cheese, pecans and a tangy raspberry vinaigrette for a quick, easy and guilt-free meal.
- 2-1/2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots, from one shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-7 ounce) bag or carton baby spinach (about 6-7 cups)
- 2 cups (1 pint) stemmed and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese
Step 1: First, make the dressing by combining the vinegar, honey, mustard, shallots, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine baby spinach, strawberries, blueberries and pecans. Add the dressing little by little and toss until the greens are well-coated.
Step 3: Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over the top and serve.
This dish is best served alongside grilled chicken or fish or by itself as a light meal option. Use the hashtag #DKMCrecipes to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you would like to try.