This recipe for sweet corn gazpacho is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer night. Loaded with fresh vegetables, this soup is light and healthy with a touch of sweetness from the corn and grapes. Although gazpacho is served chilled, a touch of jalapeño brings just the right amount of warmth to this dish.
- 1 pound yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 ears of sweet corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1/4 cup white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Hot sauce and chive oil, for garnish (optional)
Step 1: Combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, onion, grapes, cucumber, garlic and jalapeño in a large bowl. Add sea salt and mix well. Cover and set aside for one hour.
Step 2: Transfer the contents from the bowl to a blender, and add olive oil. Blend until smooth. Stir in the vinegar and lime juice, and season to taste with sea salt.
Step 3: Store in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving so it has time to chill. If desired, garnish individual servings with hot sauce and/or chive oil.
This dish is best served chilled with a side of warm sourdough or baguette for some added crunch. Use the hashtag #DKMCrecipes to share your dishes and let us know other recipes you would like to try.