Your summer home maintenance checklist
4 May 2021
There’s no time like the summertime! With the new season just around the corner, you may want to consider performing some tasks around your home to get it in tip top shape for summer. As with all seasonal upkeep, summer maintenance is important to preserve the value, function and safety of your home. Use our checklist below to help prepare your home for the new season!
- Power-wash any siding, brick, porch or deck that needs a good cleaning.
- Replace any loose or rotted siding, and repaint as needed.
- Clean your gutters and ensure your downspouts are draining properly.
- Check your roof for damaged shingles or other elements.
- Wash your windows inside and out, and check for failed seals.
- Inspect your foundations for cracks or leaks.
- Fill cracks in your driveway and walkway.
- Clean your grill for optimal summer barbecuing.
- Get your air conditioner checked and serviced by a professional.
- Install window air conditioner units if needed, and clean the filters before use.
- Dust off your ceiling fan blades, and ensure fans are set in downdraft mode.
- Clean out your dryer vent and exhaust duct of any clogged lint or dust to prevent fires.
- Test all your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check for any water damage on basement walls.
- Look for signs of any pests that may have found their way into your home.
Home maintenance isn’t always easy, but it can often save you time, money and stress later on. If you need funds for a home repair or renovation, get in touch to learn about your financing options.