The spring real estate market is on the way
10 January 2023
The calendar may say it’s winter, but the spring real estate market isn’t far off. This period is one of the most popular times to buy or sell a home, and in some regions, it begins as early as January or February. If you’re planning to make a move, spring can be the ideal time to sell your current home and find your next dream home.
Here are some of the reasons why spring is such a hot time to buy or sell a home:
- The holiday season has passed, allowing homebuyers and sellers to focus on their home searches and sales.
- The weather is warming and the days are getting longer, providing a more favorable environment for viewing and showing homes in many parts of the country.
- The blooming of foliage in regions with seasonal weather provides a big boost to curb appeal for home sellers.
- The school year is drawing to a close, providing a convenient time for families to prepare to move.
- The increased number of homes for sale provides more options for buyers, and the larger number of buyers in the market provides more sales opportunities for sellers.
If you’re thinking about buying a home this spring, the time to get “mortgage-ready” for your home purchase is now. By starting early, you can get preapproved for home financing, set your homebuying budget and get a jump start on your mortgage application. Get in touch today for a free mortgage consultation to get started.