At 1st Advantage Mortgage, we strive to educate and prepare our borrowers to help the loan process runs smoothly with no surprises along the way. Here are some helpful DOs and DON’Ts to follow when you apply for home financing.
- DO have easy access to all your paystubs, bank statements and other financial documents
- DO provide your earnest money deposit from your own personal bank account or acceptable gift funds
- DO notify your loan officer if you plan to receive gift funds for closing
- DO make timely payments on all current debt obligations (current mortgage, student loans, credit cards, etc.)
- DO notify your loan officer right away regarding any changes to your employment status or if you are looking to make a large purchase as this could affect your mortgage qualification
- DON’T change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job
- DON’T buy a new vehicle or any other big ticket item
- DON’T use credit cards excessively or fall behind on payments
- DON’T spend money that has been set aside for your closing
- DON’T omit debts or liabilities from your loan application
- DON’T originate any new inquiries into your credit
- DON’T make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer
- DON’T change bank accounts or move large amounts of money between accounts
- DON’T co-sign on a loan for anyone
The mortgage process may seem complex, but your loan officer is there to guide you through every step of the way. Contact 1st Advantage Mortgage today to get started on your next home loan!