When moving to a new home, an important step is to provide your new address to everyone who needs it. However, remembering every person, company and institution that requires your address can be a challenge – especially when you’re in the middle of a move. While your exact list of necessary contacts may differ, here are the typical groups that will want or need your updated address.
- Friends, family and employers
- Post Office
- Medical providers and prescriptions
- Cell phone emergency call address
- Banking, credit/loan, investment and insurance accounts
- Government agencies (e.g. tax agencies, Social Security Administration)
- Utilities (e.g. electric, TV/Internet, phone, gas, water, trash, sewer)
- Services and subscriptions
- Online shopping addresses
- Driver’s licenses
- Car registration
- School registration
- Voter registration
To avoid unnecessary complications, start making or scheduling these address changes early on so you can focus on your move and start enjoying your new home sooner.